- Bankruptcy Counseling
- Behavioral Health Services
- Conservatorship Program
- Consumer Credit Counseling
- Credit Improvement
- Debt Management Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Home Purchase Program
- Homeless Prevention Programs
- Homeownership Resource Center
- Representative Payee Program
- Reverse Mortgage Counseling
Congratulations on taking the first step to save your home!
The Homeownership Resource Center is a division of the Charleston SC-based, nonprofit Family Services Inc. Family Services, Inc. is a member of the national NeighborWorks America® network and is certified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development as a full-service housing counseling agency. Family Services’ Homeownership Resource Center provides homeownership education and counseling designed specifically for homeowners who are behind, or anticipate becoming behind, on their mortgage payments. The Homeownership Resource Center’s unique approach to foreclosure mitigation using the Foreclosure Prevention Clinic, a triage methodology to foreclosure mitigation in a group setting, has been incorporated as a Best Practice by the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, NeighborWorks America®, and Freddie Mac.
Please take a moment to read the following questions so we are able to direct you to the appropriate foreclosure prevention program.
- Is this your primary residence?
- Have you been in your home for more than two years?
- Have you suffered a loss of income or reduction of income n the last 12 months?
- If you have filed bankruptcy, is the bankruptcy discharged or dismissed?
If you answered YES to ALLof the above questions, you may be eligible for the SC HELP program. SC HELP provides financial assistance to qualified homeowners who are behind on their mortgage payments and/or qualified homeowners who are struggling to make their monthly mortgage payments. The SC HELP program may be able to assist you in making your monthly mortgage payments for up to 12 months. If you answered YES to ALL of the previous questions:
- Please select the RED buttonbelow to be directed to begin the SC HELP application;
- When prompted, please select Family Services, Inc. as your agency provider. This will assure that your application will be processed by the office located nearest to you;
- The SC HELP application is only available online. If you need assistance completing the application please contact Dawn Simmons by phone at 843.735.5514 to schedule an appointment.
If you answered NO to ANYof the above questions, you do not qualify for the SC HELP program; HOWEVER, you still may be eligible to qualify for a loan modification with your lender. If you answered NO to ANY of the previous questions:
- Please select the BLUE buttonbelow to print a loan modification application;
- If you do not have access to a printer, please contact our office at 843.735.5522 and we will mail you an application.